Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday, Gratitude, Manhattan Beach Wedding Coordinator Blog Post

Gratitude: the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful. "Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy — because we will always want to have something else or something more."- Brother David Steind-Rast

All too often we rush through life without giving thanks everyday and we take all we have for granted. Many times it takes a disaster for us to realize what we have to be grateful for. It'll take Hurricane Katrina or Los Angeles wildfires for us to give thanks we have a roof over our head. It'll take one friend's disloyalty's for us to realize how great and true our other friendships are. Or it'll take a close friend losing their job for us to realize how grateful we should be for being employed.

You may not be the norm. You may give thanks everyday for everything you have. If that's you, I admire you! I know I am guilty for not giving as much thanks as I should. I am making it a personal goal though to give more gratitude..especially every Thursday on this blog :)

Take time today to write down 10 things you are grateful for. Then make sure to express it. Tell someone how appreciative you are of them or say thanks out loud for something you have and are grateful for. You never know when it may be gone...

I am signing off today with a quote I found and love... “Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” -Margaret Cousins

I hope you all have a wonderful day!! and THANK YOU for reading my blog!

Much Gratitude,
Constance

0 comments:

Post a Comment