Monday, January 11, 2010

Motivated for Crossfit!, Time to get in Shape!

It's the new year! And for the past 2 months I've been trying to get in to shape (key word there is trying). I try to eat well during the holidays (again key word try)... but I am a total sucker for eating bad during the holidays. So today I start my PIP (Personal Improvement Program)!! I've joined a CrossFit team and tonight is my first workout!! So what exactly does a CrossFit work-out entail? First off, there are a lot of different exercises from which to choose. A typical training session might blend power lifting, gymnastics and sprinting. Exercises are done using free weights, kettle bells, body weight exercises and more. The exercises are done hard and they're done fast with little or no rest in between sets. Here is a very basic beginner's CrossFit routine: A 400-meter Jog/run; Dead lift; Push-press; and Squats. OH MY!! What have I got myself in to!?!?! I'll be sure to post my progress along the way. Wish me luck!

This will be me soon:






:)
Constance

0 comments:

Post a Comment